For the past several years, JKJ has been growing it’s intern program with Colleges and Universities in different parts of the country. This year we welcome eleven interns with a variety of educational backgrounds with the majority coming to us from Risk Management and Insurance programs from Temple University and St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia.
JKJ invests in the program to mentor our Millennials and gain their perspective on business, technology and culture in the workplace. The students are given daily tasks as well as long term projects. They are assigned to mentor teams comprising of professionals with backgrounds in business development, account management, customer service accounting and technology. The mentor teams are responsible to provide the interns with practical business and insurance experience and the interns are responsible to gain knowledge and to apply their education to practical business situations. The program is intended to be competitive and fun for everyone involved.
The interns collaborate on a couple of long term assignments with one another as well as compete on their own ideas for implementation into JKJ’s culture and business process. We look forward to evolving the program with our client’s business needs and our own strategic business processes in mind.
“I love working for JKJ. This internship provides a friendly, team oriented environment and hands-on experience.” ~Jake Ford
“This is my 5th workplace, and in two weeks at JKJ, I have learned more and experienced more kindness than in any company before. There aren’t enough words to express how grateful I am to be a part of the JKJ family!”
~ Elisa Khan
“Employees at JKJ seem to go out of their way to give a meaningful experience for interns. Whether it is participating on meetings or handling significant projects, JKJ has taught me more than I could ask for already.”
~ Brian Uzelac
Our JKJ Interns for Summer 2016:
– Adrienne Clymer: Temple University, Degree: Risk Management Insurance- Employee Benefits track, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2017
– Brian Uzelac: University of Delaware, Degree: Business, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2019
– Chris Vetter: University of Tampa, Degree: Marketing, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2017
– Claire Kocman: Saint Joseph’s University, Degree: Risk Management Insurance and Finance, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2017
– Elisa Khan: Saint Joseph’s University, Degree: Risk Management & Insurance and International Business, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2017
– Jake Ford: University of Pennsylvania, Degree: Philosophy, Politics, Economics, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2017
– Karoline White: Villanova University, Degree: Finance, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2018
– Matt Vetter: University of Tampa, Degree: Business Finance, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2019
– Matt White: Temple University, Degree: Computer Science, Anticipated Graduation Date: Fall 2016
– Ryan McIntyre: Temple University, Degree: Risk Management & Insurance, Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2017
– Tom Heitzman: University of Pittsburgh, Degree: Business (undecided), Anticipated Graduation Date: April 2019